Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Round three. Fight!

So I edited the first part of my piece. 
It took me a very long time to do.
My had showed my piece to my friend to get some criticism and he had said that it lacked direction.

I feel like it's way more clearer than it was at first.
I did like what I had written but I understand that realistically I needed to be clearer.

The comments I received reaffirmed that it was indeed a lot clearer than it was the first time.
I was also told to watch the register of the flute and to make sure the marimba part doesn't get too complex. (It needs to be playable! Unlike everything I write.) :)
Also, it was suggested that I should flutter tongue the second line in the flute part. I really liked that idea.

Anyways, I feel like I'm off to a decent start now.
I am not sure what aleatoric elements I'll be using but I definitely want something in there.
I'm hoping to finish this piece fairly quickly so that I can started on the next one. Writing for concert band/orchestra scares the crap out of me.

Anyways,
good work by all so far!

'night! :)

No comments: