Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Round two. Fight!

So I presented what I had written today.
Overall I like what I'm writing. I knew I wanted to base my composition on "The Giving Tree" but I didn't know how.
I just started writing and it seemed to fit perfectly.
I was really unsure of the instrumentation I wanted but I think what I have now is absolutely perfect.

Some comments from today were:
- My piece sounds breezy and like it is set in a forest or a garden. [Goal achieved. :)]
- The instrumentation is perfect for what I'm trying to achieve.
- The break between the two sections was good.
-Using different mallets to get different sounds (I think this would be a cool idea although I'm not familiar with mallets and percussion at all.
-Getting my score to a percussionist ASAP because it seems like it might be tricky.

I am really excited about writing this piece.
Hopefully it'll work out alright. :)
-

1 comment:

Jenn Vail said...

I was completely drawn to your piece, Melissa! The timbre of the vibraphone really captures what you're looking for - it got my attention right away. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it!! :)