Sunday, November 2, 2008

Help. :(

Alright, so I presented my piece in class. Got some feedback that I already had intended to use, which is good. (Stuff like changing the time signature, varying the melody in different keys, starting off with one instrument and building, etc.)

None of this is my problem.

My problem is that editing my last 3 pieces is taking up more time than I had anticipated so trying to write a new piece while I'm still working on the old is killing me!
I'm probably not even writing coherently.

Anyways if anyone could help with the following I'd be very appreciative:
1) Cross staff beaming. I searched how to do it, but I don't really get it.
2) Beaming over rests.
3) Cluster chords. I know which note heads to use I just don't know how to get the right stems.

This is really stressing me out as I need to get the new copies to the performers ASAP style.
I also need to have something to present tomorrow.

Help.
:(

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Hi Melissa, I just sent you an e-mail about this. Don't be discouraged! We'll find a solution, but for now the main thing is to make sure your performers have their music, even if some aspects aren't notated as well as they could be.