Monday, October 27, 2008

Valse (composition no.2)

So after debating what cliche I should use I came up with the following:

My main cliche is the waltz style. Although I argued about the whole sad song in a major key or a happy song in a minor key, I decided that I would use that in a smaller way. 
The instrumentation I am planning on using is Piano, Violin and Accordion. The violin is going to be the main melody line in A flat major while the piano and accordion are going to be in f minor. (Relative keys!) :)

I am writing this particular composition in the vein of Yann Tiersen. (Famous for the Amelie soundtrack).

Hopefully it will work out okay.
I really want it to.

Also, if anyone knows specifics on how to write for accordion could you help a sista out?
Right now I'm just writing very basic material because I'm unsure.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Re: writing for accordion, as soon as Phillip gets his accordion, ask to meet with him for a half-hour or so so that he can show you the types of things that are idiomatic on that instrument, and make sure you bring manuscript paper so that you can write them down.