Monday, November 17, 2008

Presentation day

So I presented today. (duh)
I had no idea that Phil had gotten an accordion. 
I wish my stupid printer would stop being crappy so we could've played it in class.

I did a lot of work on it in the past day or so. I added all my edits to the first few pages, I cleaned it up a bit, and added a new section at the end.

My idea for the end was to keep modulating and to gradually get faster and faster. 
I was told that perhaps I could make it incredibly chaotic, which I had intended to do.

Another suggestion was to create longer lines and to have a more broader range in the violin. 
I had actually tried to expand the range in the violin last night, but I guess I can keep going with that.

Someone also said to add chords for the accordion. I'm not sure exactly how you notate that, but I'm just going to put block chords in sometimes, while still retaining that line I have right now.

I'm really hoping to finish this as soon as possible. The last concert caused me so much stress, so I'm hoping to avoid that by being over prepared!

That's a bit impossible though considering the giant heaps of work I need to do in all my other courses.

:(

Wish me luck!

M.

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

I'm not sure how button chords are notated in the accordion either, but perhaps Phil would have some ideas about that. I wonder if accordionists perhaps read from pop music lead sheets, the kind with a melody line and chord symbols on top for guitar or whatever?

The time pressure issue is an unfortunate aspect of being a student, but it's also just as intense if you are a professional musician, composer, or professor, for that matter... I've got a HUGE pile of work to get through, including trying to compose a piece for a guy in Holland... and no idea how it's gonna get done. But, somehow, it always does get done, so just keep working hard and all will be well!