Thursday, October 16, 2008

Revisions

So I'm sitting here now fixing up some of my pieces and I'm wondering how much information is enough?

Do I want to put in every little detail or do I want to leave some decisions up to the composer?

Also, how will this affect my grading? The more detail the better?

I'm going to try to find a happy medium. I think it would be really interesting to see someone use their imagination and come up with their own personal interpretation of what I've written.


1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Just catching up with older journal entries here, so, sorry for responding so late, but basically, as we talked about when you came to see me about your piece, yes, the more detail the better. And perhaps more importantly, the more clarity the better (which is why detail is important).