Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Composition so far.

So as of right now all my chords are completed.
I had to change around a few because of some of the comments said in class.
In retrospect I wish I could've gotten someone else to play my chords for me so I could've heard what they sounded like. 

Comments from class:
Chord 10 was said to be really tense, but I didn't find that one to be harsh at all.
I did, however, change around the order and added a few notes to create a better line on the way down.
I was happy that my goal of having chord 8 be the most tense was realized.

Right now I'm working on the rhythmic aspect of it. I had sort of anticipated using a rhythmic pattern that Philip Glass would've used but I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to incorporate that into a "timeless" piece.

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Philip Glass? Now you've got me intrigued! Maybe that could be the idea behind one of the other pieces in this set of three? Don't feel the need to abandon that idea, because I'm sure it would work well!