Thursday, March 19, 2009

Round nine. Fight!

...
so this journal should bring me up to date!

I presented what I had written on Sibelius this past Monday.
I am a little unsure of what I have but I got some feedback that made me feel a bit better about it.
I feel like I really need reassurance to keep going.

Simon said he definitely got a darkness and a lightness from my piece and that was really nice to hear. Others seemed to enjoy it as well.

Some things I could add are little melody lines that connect the chords and having different ranges and broken chords as well.

I was told to keep going and I think that's because there is not a lot of time left!

I'm sure I'll write something that I'm content with. (hopefully)

:)

2 comments:

Clark Ross said...

Just wondering why every blog entry of yours has a feisty title?! If it is a indicator that you struggle with the composition process, rest assured that most of us do, at least some of the time!

I really liked the direction you have taken your piece, and I think the main suggestion you had on Monday was to vary your ostinati a bit, including having some key (or pitch center) changes.

Looking forward to the final product!

Melissa B. said...

haha.
It's not serious. I just started something and decided to stick with it. (I think I was playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out on Nintendo in September.)

Thank you though for your concern and for your suggestions!